Achievements During 2011 - 2012
- Urea Plant achieved 100% Capacity Utilization on Mar 04, 2012.
- The highest ever Urea Production of 486750 MT (100% capacity utilization) was achieved on Mar 04, 2012, in the 15th year post-revamp. The previous record was 478834 MT (98.4% cap) during the year 2010-11.
- Urea production exceeded the days installed capacity on 267 days during Apr 2011 to Mar 2012. This is the Best achieved surpassing 2010-11 record of 239 days.
- Specific energy consumption of 10.369 Gcal/MT Ammonia and 7.517 Gcal/MT Urea during the year 2011-12 are the Second Best achievements since inception next to the lowest of 10.334 Gcal/MT Ammonia and 7.492 Gcal/MT Urea during 2010-11.
- Vijay Complex production (own product) commenced in NPK A Train on Oct 20, 2011 with the Grade NPKS 20:20:0:13.
- Production of Vijay 17:17:17 Complex was resumed after a gap of 4 years & 7 months. NPK C Train was restarted after extensive refurbishment work under Plan Loan Scheme on Feb 12, 2012 which was earlier on production stream till Jul 07, 2007
Achievements during 2010 - 2011
At the close of financial year 2010-11, Plant has created several records in terms of Productivity and Energy efficiency. They are the HIGEST TILL DATE SINCE INCEPTION with respect to PRODUCTION and the LOWEST TILL DATE SINCE INCEPTION with respect to SPECIFIC ENERGY CONSUMPTION.
- Urea monthly production of 50530 MT (Mar 2011) is the BEST, the previous best being 50345 MT achieved in March 2009.
- Quarterly Urea production of 144763 MT (119.0% cap) is the Highest, surpassing the previous Best of 142498 MT (117.1% cap) during Oct-Dec 2010.
- Annual Urea production of 478834 MT (98.4% cap) during 2010-2011 is the Highest, surpassing the previous Best of 473363 MT (97.3% cap) during 2006-2007.
- Specific energy consumption of 6.898 Gcal/MT Urea in Mar 2011 is the Lowest energy achieved in a month, bettering the previous record of 6.964 Gcal/MT achieved in Oct 2010.
- Specific energy consumption of 7.057 Gcal/MT Urea during Jan-Mar 2011 is the LOWEST quarterly energy, excelling the previous record of 7.136 Gcal/MT achieved during Oct-Dec 2010.
- Annual Specific Energy consumption of 7.492 Gcal/MT Urea is the LOWEST, the previous record being 7.769 Gcal/MT in 2004-05.
- Specific energy consumption of 9.448 Gcal/MT Ammonia in Mar 2011 is the LOWEST energy achieved in a month, breaking the previous record of 9.581 Gcal/MT achieved in Dec 2009.
- Specific energy consumption of 9.652 Gcal/MT Ammonia during Jan-Mar 2011 is the LOWEST quarterly energy, excelling the best energy of 9.862 Gcal/MT achieved during Oct-Dec 2010.
- Annual Specific Energy consumption of 10.334 Gcal/MT Ammonia is the LOWEST, the previous record being 10.411 Gcal/MT in 2004-05.
- Urea production exceeded the days installed capacity on 86 days during the quarter and on 239 days during Apr 2010 to Mar 2011. This is the Best achieved surpassing 2004-05 record of 229 days.
|Plant / Description||Unit||THE BEST SINCE INCEPTION||Previous Record|
|Month||50530||Mar 2011||50345||Mar 2009|
|Quarter||144763||Jan-Mar 2011||142498||Oct-Dec 2010|
|Urea Specific Energy consumption||Gcal/MT|
|Month||6.898||Mar 2011||6.964||Oct 2010|
|Quarter||7.057||Jan-Mar 2011||7.136||Oct-Dec 2010|
|Ammonia Specific Energy consumption||Gcal/MT|
|Month||9.448||Mar 2011||9.581||Dec 2009|
|Quarter||9.652||Jan-Mar 2011||9.862||Oct-Dec 2010|
Achievements during 2009 - 2010
Urea production of 436100 MT during the year current year 2009-10 is the 4th Best in the order (the first three being 473363, 473032 & 440499 MT during 2006-07, 2004-05 & 2007-08 respectively) Urea production exceeded the days installed capacity on 207 days during the year which is the 3rd Best (the Best and the Second were 229 days and 213 days during 2004-05 and 2008-09 respectively).
Specific energy consumption per tonne of Urea during the year 2009-10 is 7.834 Gcal against the MoU Target of 7.853 Gcal. This is the 3rd lowest energy in the order (the first two being 7.769 and 7.802 Gcal/MT during 2004-05 & 2007-08 respectively)
NPK A Train was restarted after 3 years and production of NPKS complex 20-20-0-13 commenced on Mar 08, 2010 for M/s Indian Potash Limited on tolling basis. During Mar 8-31, 7335 MT of complex fertilizer was produced.
- Ammonia Energy of 9.5372 Gcal/MT Ammonia & Urea Energy of 6.9452 Gcal/MT Urea on Dec 30, 2009 are the lowest as on date compared to the earlier lowest of 9.5497 Gcal/MT Ammonia on Nov 21, 2009 & 6.951 Gcal/MT Urea on Dec 22, 2009 respectively.
- Specific Energy consumption of 9.581 Gcal/MT per tonne of Ammonia during Dec 2009 is the LOWEST since inception excelling the previous record of 9.715 Gcal/MT in December 2004.
- Specific Energy consumption of 6.974 Gcal/MT per tonne of Urea in Dec 2009 is the LOWEST since inception surpassing the earlier achievement of 7.190 Gcal/MT in August 2008 and below the derived design energy of 7.004 Gcal/MT Urea for a full month.
- Urea production of 49261 MT during Dec 2009 is the 3rd BEST record and closely follows the Second Best production of 49341 MT made in Aug 2008.
- Specific energy consumption per tonne of Urea during Jan-Mar 2010 (IV Qtr) is 7.266 Gcal. This is the lowest energy for a quarter, breaking the earlier record of 7.291 Gcal achieved during Oct-Dec 2009 (III Qtr of the current year 2009-10).
Achievements during 2008 - 2009
- Urea production of 50345 MT during Mar 2009 is the Highest-ever monthly production since inception. Urea production of 49341 MT during Aug 2008 is the second best production. The previous monthly record production was 48918 MT during Dec 2004.
- Highest-ever Urea production of 1721 MT in a day against daily rated capacity of 1475 MT was achieved on August 01, 2008 (previous record: 1705 MT) with an energy consumption of 7.118 Gcal/MT against the derived design of 7.004 Gcal/MT.
- Energy consumption per tonne of Urea at 7.190 Gcal in Aug 2008 is the LOWEST since inception surpassing the previous best of 7.207 Gcal achieved in Dec 2004.
- Highest daily average production of 1526 MT (based on stream-days) surpassing the previous best of 1480 MTPD achieved in 2004-05.
- On 213 days out of 266 on-stream days during the year Urea production exceeded the days installed capacity of 1475 MT. This is the Second Best achievement compared to the record of 229 days made in 2004-05.
Achievements during 2007 - 2008
Urea production of 265929 MT during Oct 2007 to Mar 2008 (6 months period) is the highest ever half yearly production. (Earlier record: 263063 MT during (Oct 2004 to March 2005).
- Specific energy consumption per tonne of Urea during Jan-Mar 2008 is 7.361 Gcal. This is the Lowest energy for a quarter, surpassing the earlier record of 7.396 Gcal achieved during the III quarter of 2004-05.
- Urea Production of 134234 MT the Second Best, the record being 140719 MT made during Oct-Dec 2004.
- On 75 days, out of 90 on-stream days during the quarter, Urea plant crossed the days installed capacity. This is Second Best for a quarter, the record being 79 days during Oct-Dec 2004.
- Annual naphtha specific consumption of 0.7510 MT/MT is the Lowest since inception (2004-05 : 0.7575 MT/MT).
- Annual water consumption per tonne of Urea at 11.84 KL is the Lowest (2006-07: 12.10 KL/MT).
- Annual specific energy per tonne of Ammonia & Urea at 10.610 Gcal & 7.802 Gcal respectively is the Second Best (the record being 10.411 & 7.769 Gcal/MT achieved in 2004-05).
- On 193 days Urea Plant has crossed the days installed capacity of 1475 MT which is the Second Best (The best is 229 days in 2004-05, 193 days in 2006-07 also).
- Annual Urea Production of 440499 MT is the Third Best achievement since inception. (the highest and the second best production are 473363 MT in 2006-07 & 473032 MT in 2004-05).
Achievements during 2006 - 2007
- Urea production of 473363 MT (97.25% cap) is the best achievement. The previous record was 473032 MT (97.18/% cap) in 2004-05.
- Highest on-stream of 345 days by Ammonia Plant surpassing the record of 340 days in 2004-05.
- Highest on-stream of 332 days by Urea Plant breaking the earlier best of 320 days in 2004-05.
- Specific consumption of ammonia to urea, 0.585 MT/MT is the lowest in 2006-07 compared to the previous best of 0.586 MT/MT in 2003-04.
- Power and Water consumption per tonne of finished product is the lowest at 0.26 Mwh and 12.1 KL respectively (0.29 Mwh and 13.38 KL of 2004-05 put behind).
Other records (Second Best)
- On 193 days Urea plant has crossed the days installed capacity of 1475 MT (The best is 229 days in 2004-05) The Urea Plant ran continuously for 60 days during Nov 10, 2006 to Jan 8, 2007. (The best continuous run is 70 days during Oct 4 to Dec 13, 2004).
- 126276 MT of Urea Production during Oct-Dec 2006 (The highest is 140719 during Oct-Dec 2004).
Best 3 Performances of Ammonia / Urea / NPK Plants
|NPK 17 - 17 - 17||840000|
|Ammonia||Mar - 02||31899||Oct - Dec 04||89296||1999-00||301182|
|Jul 99||31839||Jul - Sep 00||88557||2004 - 05||300886|
|Dec - 04||31354||Jan - Mar 11||84371||2000 - 01||298000|
|Urea||Mar - 11||50530||Jan - Mar 11||144763||2011 - 12||486750|
|Mar - 09||50345||Oct - Dec 10||142498||2010 - 11||478834|
|Oct - 10||50225||Oct - Dec 04||140719||2006 - 07||473363|
|NPK||Jul 92||89625||Jul - Sep 00||233987||1999-00||811260|
|Jan 99||85005||Jan - Mar 99||233130||1991 - 92||750025|
|Oct 88||81900||Oct - Dec 88||229610||1998 - 99||732911|
|Actual||Month||Gcal / MT||Quarter||Gcal / MT||Year||Gcal / MT|
|Ammonia||Mar-11||9.448||Jan - Mar 11||9.652||2010 - 11||10.334|
|Dec - 09||9.581||Oct - Dec 10||9.862||2011 - 12||10.369|
|Oct - 10||9.618||Oct - Dec 04||9.913||2004 - 05||10.411|
|Urea||Mar - 11||6.898||Jan - Mar 11||7.057||2010 - 11||7.492|
|Oct - 10||6.898||Oct - Dec 10||7.136||2011 - 12||7.517|
|Dec - 09||6.974||Jan - Mar 10||7.266||2004 - 05||7.769|