Procedure for obtaining information under the Act :
A citizen requiring any information as contemplated by the Act, can send application in a plain paper.
Application need to be accompanied by Demand Draft drawn in favour of Madras Fertilizers Limited payable at Chennai, towards application fee of Rs.10/- and other applicable fees as under:
- Rs.2 for each page created / copied for A3 /A4 paper.
- actual charge for larger size paper.
- 3actual cost for samples /models.
- Rs.5 for every hour of inspection. (No fee for the first hour).
- Rs.50/- for information provided in disc / floppy.
- At the price of publication or Rs.2 per page for copy / extract for publication.
The application along with the Demand Draft should be sent to:
- Central Public Information Officer,
Madras Fertilizes Limited,
Manali, Chennai- 600 068
The Central Public Information Officer will provide the information sought or reject the application within 30 days of the receipt of the application.
- not accompanied by prescribed fee
- Information which are prohibited from disclosure under the Act.
Any person who does not receive a decision within the 30 days of expiry of such period or from the receipt of such a decision can prefer an appeal to Chairman & Managing Director, Appellate Authority, who shall provide the information or reject the appeal within 30 days of receipt of such appeal.
Information Under Right to Information Act 2005